Iain is active as a mentor and an educator sharing his musical, instrumental and compositional skills in a number of top music conservatoires.
For the last two years Iain has been one of three panellists to choose the finalists for the BBC's Young Jazz Musician of the Year. He has also been a member of NYJO's Music Steering Committee.
Ballamy was made an Honorary Associate of the Royal Academy of Music (Hon ARAM) in 2014.
Ballamy is a visiting professor teaching saxophone and ensemble at:
- The Royal Academy of Music
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Coleg Brenhinol Cerdd a Drama Cymru / Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
Iain has also visited a number of conservatoires including:
- Leeds College of Music
- Birmingham Conservatoire, Birminham University
- School of Music, Cardiff University
- Rhythmic Music Conservatory / Rytmisk Musikkonservatorium (RMC), København
- Norwegian Academy of Music / Norges musikkhøgskole, Oslo
- Tianjin Conservatory of Music, China
- Royal College of Music
- Trinity College of Music
- York University
- Private student musicians looking for guidance with technique and performance skills
- Consultation lessons for students preparing to audition for music college
- Graduate and professional musicians/teachers seeking a single or series of advanced sessions
- Iain has mentored several exceptional students who have gone on to become significant players on todays stage
- Kristiansand, Norway
- Villekilde, Denmark
- Scottish National Youth Jazz Orchestra summer school, Skye